- Patients may not be able to return to daily activities as quickly as they may have hoped
- There is a risk that blood clots could travel to the lungs during recovery
- Even after surgery, patients may experience chronic knee stiffness and pain
Out of concern over these and other potential complications of joint replacement, the best orthopedic surgeons are turning toward stem cell therapy for arthritis treatment for six specific reasons:
- No Surgery: Stem cell therapy is nonsurgical, which means bypassing many of the risks associated with surgery and anesthesia.
- No Downtime: Because stem cell therapy doesn’t require surgery, there is no downtime needed, unlike the lengthy recovery associated with joint replacement.
- Use Your Own Blood: Stem cells are derived from your own marrow and fatty tissue. Since your own blood is used, there are no concerns related to treatment rejection.
- Natural Healing: Stem cells are the body’s natural healing building blocks. Stem cell therapy simply harnesses the body’s innate healing capability and directs that potential where you need it the most.
- Cartilage Regeneration: Stem cell therapy actually helps your cartilage regenerate and heal, returning the joint closer to a normal, healthy state.
- Fewer Complications: Since stem cell therapy is a simpler, lower-risk procedure than joint replacement surgery, there are fewer complications associated with it.
As medical science explores this exciting new field of arthritis treatment, patients can enjoy the benefits of an effective yet nonsurgical arthritis treatment.